Take Your life to NEXT level
Many of us make health-related resolutions, such as to lose weight, stop smoking or join the neighborhood health club. While it is common to set high goals, experts say that setting smaller goals could do more for our health. They are less overwhelming than a big, sudden change.
Here are Ten rather simple tips to try:
1. Keep an eye on your weight and work on making sure you are not gaining extra lbs. Regardless of whether you increase only a pound or two consistently, the extra weight adds up quickly.
2. Take more small steps. What could be compared to one additional mile? Continue including steps, 1,000 to 2,000 every month or so, until you make 10,000 steps on most days.
3. Eat breakfast. Breakfast eaters will in general weigh less and have better weight control plans. For a filling and nourishment stuffed breakfast, top Whole Grain Total® with new organic product cuts and low-fat or fat-free milk.
4. Switch three grain servings each day to whole grain. You eat less than one whole grain serving a day.
5. Have at least one green salad every day. Eating a serving of mixed greens (with low-fat or without fat dressing) is filling and may assist you with eating less during the meal. It additionally checks toward your five day by day cups of vegetables and natural products.
6. Trim the fat. Fat has a ton of calories, and calories count. Buy lean meats, eat poultry without the skin, switch to lower-fat cheeses, and use a nonstick pan with just a spot of oil or butter.
7. Consider calcium by including two or three daily servings of low-fat or fat-free milk or yogurt. Dairy calcium is good for bones and may also help you lose weight.
8. Downsize. The smaller the bag, bottle or bowl, the less you will eat.
9. Lose just 5 to 10 percent of your current weight. The health benefits are huge-lower blood pressure, blood sugar, cholesterol and triglycerides.
10. Keep track of your eating. Write down what you eat over the next couple of days and look for problem spots. Often, just writing things down can help you eat less.
This article is published for educating masses at large under Healthy Living Blog initiative. These are small baby steps to get people more aware on small baby steps towards a more active Lifestyle, coupled with better choices on food habits to mindfulness eating and taking time out for reflection to learn to Enjoy LIFE. We call that Celebration of Being ALIVE.
Healthy Jeena Sikho is providing information under Healthy Living Blog to help people learn about widely available alternate means to achieve Uber health and fitness of mind, body and soul. Its contents on an “AS IS” basis and makes no representations of any kind with respect to blog contents.The information on this site is not intended as medical advice, medical nutrition therapy or individualized nutrition counseling/coaching.
This Site and its authors do not claim to cure, prevent, diagnose, or treat any nutrition-related disease or health condition. Always consult a qualified healthcare professional before changing your diet or medications or beginning any exercise routine.The information provided on this site is for informational purposes only
This article is published for educating masses at large under Healthy Living Blog initiative. These are small baby steps to aware people more about healthy and holistic lifestyle, affordable assisted living and organic products around. We call that Celebration of Being ALIVE.